Danger. It’s a word that strikes terror through our heart. It’s a place we would never go, and we most certainly wouldn’t take our kids there. I mean – it’s dangerous. And that’s a bad thing. Right? I’ve had a lot of fun putting this piece together. I contacted other traveling parents and asked if [...]
Tag Archives | risk
I love it when people challenge my thoughts and ideas. Each time they do I learn something new and am challenged to think about the world and my actions in a different light. One man responded to a blog post I had written about cycling to the ends of the world. “I just don’t see [...]
“I was driving down the road the other day and saw some cyclists ahead. I braked and waited until I could get by safely, but I’m concerned about them – the other motorists who won’t do that.” “I saw a cyclist riding through my town last week, so I invited him over to my house [...]
“Isn’t it dangerous?” We hear those words all the time and, frankly, I’m always a bit confused when I hear them. Dangerous in what way? What should we be afraid of? Yes, what we are doing is dangerous. We could be hit by a car, bitten by rattlesnakes, die of food poisoning, or slip in [...]
“Aren’t you scared?” a friend asked me the other day. “Aren’t you afraid something might happen on your trip?” “Of course,” I replied. “I’m afraid every day of my life. I’m afraid I’ll fall down the stairs in the morning. I’m afraid my boys’ bus driver will fall asleep at the wheel. I’m afraid we [...]
Nancy’s TEDx Talk
- 50 Lessons I wish I had learned earlier November 28, 2011
- USHUAIA!!!! END OF THE WORLD!!! March 21, 2011
- An up close and personal look at the American medical system – and it’s not good news September 18, 2011
- Dear Jack Marshall, are we self-absorbed parents? May 27, 2010
- Why do some people live their dreams and others don’t? July 6, 2011
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @Mary @ Green Global Travel, I haven't seen that ...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Your story reminds me of the poster showing an Afr...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @Finn, Thanks Finn! I've got a few more ready as ...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @gingerbeard, I can't stand the stink from synthe...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @gingerbeard, Very true. Sometimes that balance i...