In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. – Michael Korda You all know how I feel about THE BOX. The box society puts us in and that we grow up believing we need to live in. The box that places certain constraints and expectations upon our lives. It’s up to us [...]
Tag Archives | parenthood
I first met Amy and Mike, who blog at Worldschool Adventures, back in June in Vancouver where we were all attending the TBEX conference for travel bloggers. I had just spent many years on the road and was thrilled to be in one place for a change; they were giddy with excitement about their upcoming [...]
What would you do today if you knew tomorrow wouldn’t come? Would you live your life differently? Talk more with loved ones? Go outside and feast on the wondrous sights around you? Live today to the fullest and enjoy each moment? OK, I know what you’re thinking. I would wouldn’t wash the dishes or take [...]
It was 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday night. John and I were working at our computers in an otherwise empty room. The curtains were wide open, allowing the living room lights to penetrate freely into the darkness outside. And then there was a knock on the door. John opened the door and I heard, from [...]
Once upon a time I thought my adventuring days were over the moment Mr. Sperm met Ms. Egg. How wrong I was… Adventure is a funny thing. The dictionary defines the word as “a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome,” – certainly not something one would do with kids. Yes – with [...]
Kids are more capable than we give them credit for. That’s the way it is. I am continually amazed at how little we, in today’s society , expect of our children. It wasn’t all that long ago that children were expected to pull their weight around the family farm – and they were more than [...]
Nancy’s TEDx Talk
- 50 Lessons I wish I had learned earlier November 28, 2011
- USHUAIA!!!! END OF THE WORLD!!! March 21, 2011
- An up close and personal look at the American medical system – and it’s not good news September 18, 2011
- Dear Jack Marshall, are we self-absorbed parents? May 27, 2010
- Why do some people live their dreams and others don’t? July 6, 2011
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @Finn, Thanks Finn! I've got a few more ready as ...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @gingerbeard, I can't stand the stink from synthe...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @gingerbeard, Very true. Sometimes that balance i...
- Finn: Woohoo! You posted again! Thanks, I love this seri...
- gingerbeard: We have found wool to be our best choice for trave...