OK, so I typically share lessons we learned on the road in my blog, but today is a bit different.
We’re quickly coming up on our one year anniversary of reaching Ushuaia. One year ago today we were planning out our final approach to the end of the world. We had just made the decision to ditch our original plan of sticking to the western side of Argentina and were studying maps to figure out what was on the other side.
It seems incredible to me that so much has happened in these past twelve months. My life is radically different now than I ever thought it would be.
- I’ve completed a massive world record bike ride to the ends of the earth – something I never, ever thought I would (or could) do
- I’ve jumped an enormous emotional hurdle in realizing that I love living in the USA (for now – that could change any moment!)
- I didn’t go back to teaching (after 21 years in the classroom, I had no idea I could do anything else)
- I’ve successfully launched three books
- I’ve branched out in my writing and am writing very different things now than before
- I’ve pushed myself in my public speaking by joining Toastmasters, have competed in speaking contests (the first stage of my second contest was today!), and have managed to line up a couple of paying public speaking gigs
Frankly, I’ve been amazed at the response I’ve gotten to what I have to say.
This past year I’ve found myself having BIG paradigm shifts in my life and the way I look at myself and my knowledge.
I’m starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, I know more than I think I do.
If you’ve been following along with my blog, you’ve noticed the changes. Rather than focusing on us and our adventures, I’ve been focusing on YOU. I’ve been trying to write about what YOU have told me over the years that you would like to see me offer or address.
I’ve still got tons of ideas, but I’d like to hear from you about what you wish for me to provide. Please keep the ideas coming!
But… (the infamous “But”)…
There is one REALLY BIG request you’ve made that I’ve been holding back on, despite your pleadings and outcries.
I’m contemplating changing my mind and doing something you’ve been asking for since forever.
I’m nervous about doing this because it means putting myself on the line way more than I’ve done in the past.
And I’m also going to need your help.
Anyway, that REALLY BIG request is… (stay tuned until next time)