USHUAIA!!!! END OF THE WORLD!!!

WE’RE HERE!!!!!

Our final day of the journey – cold and yucky. Just as it started to get light, it started to pour. We waited a while, but finally figured we needed to just do it.

starting out in yucky rain

By the time we actually got on the road, the rain had stopped, but the roads were still very wet.  It looked like a miserable day.

starting out in yucky rain

But then – wow!! The sun came out and we had glorious weather while climbing the final pass of our journey!

starting out in yucky rain

When we reached the top of the pass Mabel and Roberto,  our hosts here in Ushuaia, met us.  Matt Kelly, another Alaska-Argentina cyclist arrived at the pass at the same time.

starting out in yucky rain

It was a cold descent, but lovely!

starting out in yucky rain

Matt stayed with us for a little while, but we went too slowly for him…

starting out in yucky rain

Mabel and Roberto stuck it out.  They took turns – one of them on the bike and one driving the car.

starting out in yucky rain

I guess I can see why we’re so memorable.  If you’ve seen us, you KNOW you’ve seen us…

starting out in yucky rain

The scenery was absolutely spectacular!

starting out in yucky rain

Arriving into Ushuaia – at last!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

starting out in yucky rain

We were received by the mayor of Ushuaia when we arrived!

starting out in yucky rain

sign up for our newsletter here!

117 Responses to USHUAIA!!!! END OF THE WORLD!!!

1. Jennifer Sage March 21, 2011 at 4:47 pm #

Un-friggin-believable. Amazing. Inspiring. Uplifting. Exciting. Just WOW!

So happy for you all! Thank you for the great tweets and blogs and photos along the way so we could live vicariously through your amazing adventures. Makes my 2-month tours around Europe or New Zealand look so insignificant!!

Can’t wait for the movie!

The question now is: what’s next? Could you possibly be content with a “regular” life??

Jennifer Sage
    Eagle, Colorado

2. Richard Masoner March 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

Congrats to you and your family! You all are an INSPIRATION!

3. Grand Canyon Harry March 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

I am speachless. All the words have been said. Thankyou for sharing this adventure and journey with the world and sharing your family with us all. See you in a few weeks.

4. Peter Ratcliffe March 21, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

There are truly no words to match your accomplishment. Great examples all, especially the two young men who started this epic adventure as boys. I’m proud of all of you.

Hugs and high fives to all,

5. Wilma in WV March 21, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Congratulations!!!!!! So happy for all of you! Your perserverance is an inspiration to us all!

6. Debra Speakes March 21, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

I have been privileged to have been “following” you since I caught up to you in Ecuador (I first learned of your journey when you had already been on the road over a year). Reading about what you have done in order to achieve a great goal has put the petty annoyances of my life into perspective.

From now on, I will be thinking, “If the Vogels can bicycle over 17,000 miles in all kinds of weather, camp out in fields and culverts, bathe in streams and rivers, survive those nasty biting insects, live on minimal food and water, and KEEP GOING . . . I can handle THIS (whatever is plaguing me at the moment).”

Yours is the pioneer spirit that settled this great country and tamed the west. I’m glad, and the world is fortunate, to see that it still lives in the hearts of certain individuals for whom the words “You can’t” “You shouldn’t” and “Are you crazy?” are met with a resounding, “Just you watch what I can do when I make up my mind to do it!”

I am privileged and humbled to have known you and your family. My life has been forever changed by watching you endure and go on and achieve your goal.

Congratulations, and may God bless all four of you and keep you safe always.

7. Rick & Nancy March 21, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

Congratulations. We met you in Joshua Tree National Park during your trip across the U.S. and have followed that trip as well as the last three years. Absolutely amazing and rewarding. Personally, we have learned alot about the America’s that cannot ever come close to the actual experience. What an education!

8. Birgitte March 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

Congratulations! We have been following you since before you went to Alaska as part of our homeschooling.

Well done!

9. Sonja March 21, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

Wow, wow, WOW!! Congratulations to all of you!

10. Greg Coates March 21, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Congratulations! I’ve been reading this blog since the beginning, and what you’ve accomplished is amazing. I can’t imagine the education your boys have received because of this trip.

11. MrsC March 21, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Congratulations! I have been following your entire journey, after reading posts you made on a teacher discussion forum. I have nothing but admiration for your commitment, sense of adventure, and endurance!

12. Kathryn March 21, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Words are inadequate ! Congratulations on a dream achieved successfully! What a privilege to have “traveled with you” for so long. May your guaradian angels get a rest now.

13. Mrs. D in Oregon March 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

14. Bill March 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

I don’t know what to say, other than congratulations! I have enjoyed following your great adventure. Have a safe trip home. Celebrate, then cry. You know what I mean. What an education for the boys and you two.

15. Jim Gent March 21, 2011 at 6:03 pm #

Congratulations! Have been reading your blog every evening for the past two years. Will miss you. Have a good trip home.

16. Andy and A-L March 21, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

Congratulations on making it to Ushuaia! We’ve been following your entire journey — thanks for sharing it with us! You’ve inspired Andy (age 10) to ride his bike a lot more. Safe travels home and enjoy a well-earned rest!

17. Marie March 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Congratulations!! What an amazing journey.

18. Rachel March 21, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

An understatement “We’re here” :)

19. Jumbleberry Jam March 21, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

Congratulations!!!! So amazing. I can’t wait for the movie version ;-).

20. Mike Crawford March 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

WOWOWOWOWOWOW great job Vogel family. The adventurous spirit of America alive and well

21. Carolyn March 21, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thanks for sharing this experience with my family.

22. Tee March 21, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

Congratulations! Well done.

23. Kevin Fitzgerald March 21, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

Aleluia! Hoorayyyy!! I’m so thankful you made it there!!! As I biked home from work today, feeling just a bit tired, I thought about you all, hoping you’d really finish safely today. Then I thought I’d better finish my ride safely too, as I sped down a hill! I slowed down, got home OK, got online and here I am rejoicing with you all! Thank you all for being a good example to bike tourists, other parents, other students, and teachers. You were so careful for so many miles and I can just look on with awe at the amount of skill and tenacity your journey required. Thanks for letting me come along for the online version of the ride. I am very grateful. Thank you Nancy, John, Davy and Daryl!
    God bless,
    -=Kevin=-

24. nancy March 21, 2011 at 6:56 pm #

Thank you all so much! It’s been an awesome journey!

25. Melynda March 21, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

Congratulations!! I’m so excited for your family. What an accomplishment. I’ve been following your journey since Montana and enjoyed every mile!

26. PEDALEROS DEL URUBO March 21, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

Dear Vogels,
    Receive our best regards from Santa Cruz-Bolivia.
    YOU DREAMED IT …. YOU MADE IT!!!!
    Bien amigos!!
    Un abrazo y hasta siempre!
    PDU
    gm

27. Margie Lundy March 21, 2011 at 7:05 pm #

Yay! Thanks so much for the pics and info and sharing it all with us!!!

28. Anne Fletcher March 21, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

We can’t believe it either! So many people around the world have “lived” your trip with you every day for months and months and we will miss you tremendously. Thank you all for sharing this adventure with us and for teaching us so much about the places you visited and the good people you met along the way. You truly are an inspiration!

29. Joanne March 21, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

Congratulations. What an inspiring journey. I hope to take just a piece of this and do something similar on a smaller scale one day.

30. Barbara Wolff March 21, 2011 at 7:11 pm #

Stole your pictures for a smilebox for you. Hope you didn’t mind. Hugs

31. Maria Cano March 21, 2011 at 7:12 pm #

Hi,
    Just wanted to thank you for sharing your story with all of us! What a wonderful thing to do with your family. This memory will stay with them the rest of their lives. God bless you for doing this. A fan in Duarte!

32. Ellen March 21, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

Congratulations! What an accomplishment for all of you. You have given your boys an amazingly rich education that they would never have had in the comfort of a classroom. So glad you set an example for other parents. Now eat all that cake and icecream! It’s party time!!

33. Bob Cummins March 21, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

When I saw you almost two and a half years ago in the Yukon, on a cold rainy day, my thoughts were for Davy on that loaded down bike in this wilderness in this weather. You have all proven the courage and perseverance to complete your dream. My thoughts, congratulations and best wishes.

34. lean March 21, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

Congratulations for making your life an adventure, for daring to dream and live their dreams, greetings from Mendoza, Argentina.

35. Stephanie March 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

You did it! Not that I doubted for a second you would. Congrats Vogel Family! It has been an amazing journey and thank you for talking the time to share it along the way!

36. PatT. March 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

You made it. FANTASTIC!! Have been following your journey for a year and a half . Truly an inspirational family story.

37. Kate March 21, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

Congratulations!!! But I feel like my favorite TV show just got canceled.

38. Pete McCormick family March 21, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

We alaso met you while touring the Yukon with our boys of similar ages. We have followed your exciting journey ever since. Congrats on reaching your destination and the hundreds yet to come.

39. Casandra March 21, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

You guys are awesome!!!!! Way to go and finish what you have started. I don’t know how many people have ever done what you have, but I’m sure it is not very many, especially not with 2 young boys. You ALL are an inspiration to many. I don’t believe in the word CAN’T and I know you don’t either!

40. Cat Buxton March 21, 2011 at 7:49 pm #

Cheers! Good show folks!

Will you be resting up a bit and then heading North again?

41. Sandy March 21, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

Amazing. Inspiring. Uplifting. Thank you so much for sharing this journey, and what an incredible journey it must have been. What a way for your boys to get a world-class education! Congratulations to you all!

42. elmono enbici March 21, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

FELICITACIONES QUERIDOS AMIGOS.

43. Jose ROjas March 21, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

I have been following you since you went through Moab, UT and talked to Dave Nice, he posted a comment on his blog http://cellarrat.blogspot.com/

that was back on Nov ’09 or something like that. Congratulations!

44. Craig Volonoski March 21, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Congratulations! Well done!

45. John Pedroza March 21, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

Incredible!! I am so happy for you. I have been following you since the begining and it seemed like it would never end.

46. April March 21, 2011 at 8:33 pm #

You guys are my heroes. Seriously. I was thinking of you today, and was sitting in the coffee shop with my dad this afternoon, telling him how much your family has impressed me. I’ve been fortunate enough to follow your journey from the beginning and I feel like I know you. Huge crazy massive congrats. WOO HOO!!!

47. Orlene March 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

Congratulations to each of you for a job well done, and sharing the adventure with all of us. I first heard about your family while you were in Bolivia, and have been following your blog since then. I can’t imagine how you must feel tonight knowing that you have accomplished what you set out to do three years ago, and now it has finally come to an end. I think you have encouraged us all to realize that life is an adventure and we need to live it to the fullest. I will miss your blog. I wish you the very best as you return to the states.

48. Ian and Wendy Sewell March 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an amazing journey! It’s been a pleasure following along with you guys!

49. John Tonner March 21, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

Brilliant job! Bask in some well deserved glory. You guys are really something.

50. GotPassport March 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

Wow– well I’m in tears after reading this amazing journey together as a family! BRAVO! I really hope we cross paths one of these days!

Hugs from Chiang Mai!

51. Gayle March 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

There is little I can add here except hearty well-wishes for a job well done and a dream captured!

52. Bill & Joyce @ Tawakoni March 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm #

Congratulations to you all. The words have already been said a thousand times by everyone else, but thanks for sharing your adventure. We loved every day and every mile.

53. Roger March 21, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

Congratulations! I’ve been following your journey since you passed through Jackson Wyoming (and even “backtracked” to get the whole story). It’s been a real treat and I’ll miss my regular doses of your trip down the world, but look forward to hearing about your next adventure.

54. Deborah March 21, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

We just happened to drive past your family the day when you were in our neck of the woods, cycling down the canyon from the observatory. And now you’re at the end of the world…or at least you can see it from there… Wow!

55. Gene Bisbee March 21, 2011 at 9:33 pm #

What a fantastic adventure! The best part is that you included your sons in the journey. Congratulations!

56. Michael March 21, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

That is amazing. Congratulations!! Such an inspiration. <3

57. Bob March 21, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

I’m going to miss you!

58. Kathy March 21, 2011 at 9:42 pm #

I will add my “Woo Hoo” to the chorus of others! I am so happy for all of you. What an epic journey you have had. (And I can’t believe how tall the boys are now!) Congratulations to each one of you. May the “high” that you are experiencing today last a lifetime.

59. Heidi March 21, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

I’m going to miss you! Ditto to all of the above… you are so inspiring. I have great adoration for your determination, endurance, sense of adventure, willingness to think outside of the box, and understanding of what it means to learn through experience. Congratulations to you!

60. Lola March 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm #

Congratulations! What an incredible achievement.

61. LouAnn March 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

You did it! I always knew you would. Call when you get back in Boise. :)

62. Dorrie Williams March 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

I’m sitting here trying to think of something to say that hasn’t already been said. I’m reflecting on the emotional last day of our journey and know that you are bursting with pride and happiness that you have come through all of the ups and downs and held together as a family to accomplish something few others will ever do in their lifetimes. You have done this truly amazing thing and deserve all the accolades you’ve received here. You made it! Way to go!

63. Fazal March 21, 2011 at 11:11 pm #

Wow. You guys are inspiration for us. I dream of following in your footsteps someday! :)

Fazal
    Lahore, Pakistan

64. Hans March 21, 2011 at 11:34 pm #

Obviously, the first thing I did this morning is go to your blog. And here I am sitting with tears in my eyes. Absolutely wonderful! Well done!
    I am proud to have been with you from the start and will miss following your adventures for a while. But I’m sure there will be another ‘instalment’ in the Vogel’s ‘conquer the World’ series.

65. Yvette March 21, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

I’m trying to think up what to say that hasn’t been said, but not much comes to mind.

Congratulations to you and yours, and thanks for letting all of us live vicariously through you! Hope you guys think of something great to do next as it’s been a real pleasure stopping by this site over the past few years. :D All the best…

66. Anis Salvesen March 22, 2011 at 12:00 am #

Congratulations!!! Your family is an inspiration, and I join everyone else in being very happy for you and wishing you all the best. You made it! Woo hooooo!!!!

67. Sandra Riedo March 22, 2011 at 12:10 am #

Congratulations! I have unfortunately only followed your blog for the past 6 or 7 months. However, I will miss it greatly! Way to go!!!

68. Jenn March 22, 2011 at 1:16 am #

Our 4 little ones are amazed and inspired looking at your pictures! Can’t help but share this with everyone I know. Congratulations to you all! We are celebrating with you this morning in Cappadocia, Turkey.

69. Pippa Genner (UK) March 22, 2011 at 1:31 am #

Have just woken up to the news that you have arrived! Wow! I can only imagine the mixture of emotions that you experienced as you cycled into Ushuaia…..euphoria, relief, a real sense of pride and perhaps a little sadness too? Well done to you all! It has been an amazing journey – thank you for taking us along with you for the ride! Can’t wait to hear what happens next….!!
    Big hugs and best wishes,
    Pippa

70. Ian March 22, 2011 at 1:32 am #

An awesome achievement. Must have been such an emotional moment. Congratulations, especially to the boys. Going to be odd for us not having your adventure to follow!

71. Gabriel Marais March 22, 2011 at 1:48 am #

Congratulations!!! Your family is an inspiration to me and my wife We follow your trip from Mexico. This is amazing. We also have tandem and trailer, but did not use it very often. You inspired us to ride it again. Thanks.
    Gabriel Marais
    Cape Town
    South Africa

72. Becky March 22, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Way to go … Congratulations! Do keep up informed on how your transition goes back into whatever. I’ll miss reading your blog in the mornings.
    Becky
    Ottawa

73. me March 22, 2011 at 5:20 am #

Congratulations. I still expect new posts.

Tell us about the place.

74. Paul D. March 22, 2011 at 6:02 am #

Excellent work – What an inspiration to do great things as a family.

75. Jacqueline March 22, 2011 at 6:10 am #

Congratulations on the completion of this journey! I have enjoyed reading all the ups & downs and ins & outs of your amazing adventure. You are all an inspiration!

76. Sarah March 22, 2011 at 6:22 am #

Just like everyone else here I want to congratulate you on what you have achieved. It is not just the astounding physical accomplishment, but the fact you have acquired such a following is testament to how inspiring your adventure has been. You’ve now got me thinking about what I can do to push outside my comfort zone to achieve something remarkable. Massive well done to you all!

77. Roy March 22, 2011 at 7:02 am #

Congratulations!! I wish I had a family like yours growing up haha :D

78. Linda Muse March 22, 2011 at 7:07 am #

Congratulations! Job well done! I wish I had discovered your blog before you came to Ecuador, where I live. I’ve so enjoyed keeping up with your adventures and I am really excited for you!

79. Lorrie March 22, 2011 at 7:15 am #

Congrats! What a wonderful journey!

80. Annie March 22, 2011 at 7:36 am #

Wow! Must be kind of bittersweet. You’re legs won’t know what to do. Thanks for sharing this inspiring adventure. Hug those boys with pride!

81. Rebeka March 22, 2011 at 7:39 am #

congrats!!! this has been awesome to follow your family!! please keep the blog up and going as you go back home and decide what to do next!!!

82. Deb March 22, 2011 at 7:49 am #

So freaking excited for you!!!! You have been such an inspiration…I can’t thank you enough for blogging your journey. Please keep us posted on what comes next.

CONGRATS !!!!!

83. Andrew March 22, 2011 at 7:50 am #

Many, many congratulations. This is a magnificent achievement and I’m sure you have memories to last you a dozen lifetimes.

Any ideas what your next epic is going to be? I suspect this one will be hard to top. More to the point, what am “I” going to do now I no longer have your blog to follow?

84. mrbill March 22, 2011 at 7:55 am #

Congratulations, a great trek, enjoyed the journey, what do we do next?
    The very best to yall!

85. Janice March 22, 2011 at 8:09 am #

Congratulations! ¡Felicidades! What a fabulous story! Glad I got to meet you along the way. Janice
    PS Thanks for including Matt’s photo, too.

86. Harry & Ivana March 22, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Thank you for showing the world and the US in particular that cycling and travelling are great and wonderful ways to see, learn and educate.

Your boys and your family will be enriched without measurement forever and this will radiate to everybody around you, in the virtual and real worlds.

we are very happy for you, shame we could not catch you in time, but you know you have a home in San Martin whenever you need it!

Un abrazo, Harry & Ivana

87. Loving the Bike March 22, 2011 at 9:36 am #

CONGRATULATIONS.

I am so happy I was able to come along for the ride (via twitter, facebook, and your blog). You guys are incredible and I can’t wait to meet up with you in person one day soon.

Darryl

88. Diane March 22, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Congratulations on such a HUGE accomplishment! I am so excited for you but at a loss as to what I will do on my lunch hour now. Your blog is part of my lunch routine at work!
    Be proud and good luck on any future endeavors!

89. Sid March 22, 2011 at 10:09 am #

WOW seems like a short time ago you were up here in montesano wa. Congratulations and cant wait to see the next adventure.

90. Sue L Canfield March 22, 2011 at 11:08 am #

Congratulations! What an adventure. I can’t wait to meet you all in person someday. You’ve been a real inspiration.

91. Chip March 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

Congratulations!!! I’ve been following you guys (not literally) since southern Colombia.

And particularly congratulations to Daryl and Davy! I’ll be looking for them in the next edition of Guinness.

92. Gemma March 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

You made it!! How inspiring, and what a story you and your boys will have to tell in future years! Congrats!!

93. Nomadic Matt March 22, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

mind blowingly awesome. You guys are amazing and an inspiration.

94. rosa March 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

hermosas imagenes , los felicito y que disfruten de la hospitalidad de nuestros buenos amigos MABEL Y ROBERTO

95. Elizabeth March 22, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

Congratulations! After following you guys every inch of the way, I feel proud on your behalf. Well done!
    You arrived on my 72nd birthday, it gave me something extra to celebrate from Australia.

96. David Hawke March 22, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Congratulations, I have followed you since you were planning in Boise.

97. jim March 22, 2011 at 8:50 pm #

Well Done!

98. Rachel March 22, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your amazing journey.

99. Amaya March 23, 2011 at 8:24 am #

Congratulations! Not much else to say that hasn’t already been said. Looking forward to following your next big adventure.

100. sara March 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

Felicidades! Echoing others’ sentiments– you all are such an inspiration. Here’s to fulfilling a huge goal and to more adventures to come.

101. YzTufo March 23, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

congratulations doesnt cover it!

muchas muchas felicidades para los 4 son una gran inspiracion!

Salud!!!

102. Chris the Marketing Guy March 23, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

I don’t rememmber when I first started following you guys, but I know we’ve had many conversations on Twitter the last year or so.

Let me be just the latest to say “congratulations!”

Your family is an inspiration to many, myself included.

I think the old saying about eating an elephant one bite at a time, needs to be replaced with, how do you pedal the length of the Americas? One revolution at a time.

Well done.
    Chris

103. Terry McMillan March 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm #

Wow! Congratulations. I am happy that you are all safe and sound. Now for the movie:)

104. Freddie & Guy March 24, 2011 at 4:52 am #

Congratulations! What a fantastic effort. We have been following your stories for a long time and will miss reading about your adventures.
    All the best with settling back into “normal life” after your big challenge.
    Freddie & Guy

105. Cactuswendy March 24, 2011 at 7:20 am #

I am so happy for you and your family. This is so cool. I look forward to hearing more from you soon when you get back into the AW forums. I can not imagine the work of putting together your stuff and heading home now. God be with you and hugs to all.

106. TravelMaestro March 24, 2011 at 12:28 pm #

I’ve followed your journey and shared with my own kids. Your family was frequently part of our dinner conversation over the last two years. You’ve taught us about geography and culture, but more importantly the values of persiverance and fortitude. And now I have tears in my eyes just thinking of your accomplishment! Well done and thank you for sharing your lives with us.

107. rob March 24, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

Awesome. Now you’re biking back to Alaska, right?

:) Rob

108. Sammie March 26, 2011 at 11:38 am #

Congrats on ALL of your accomplishments! I’ve followed you since you talked about planning this trip and have enjoyed and been thankful to you for sharing your experiences with your readers. Please let us know about the transition back to 4 wall living again every night and of your plans for the future.

I can’t begin to imagine all the wonderful memories you’ll all have and the educational opportunities the boys have had over the past 3 years – simply incredible. I do hope that you allow the boys to experience the social aspects of living in one place, having friends their own age, joining clubs and groups and sharing interests, ie: the experiences that being a teenager living in a community will bring them. Expand your travel experiences on vacations, but please give them the opportunities of experiencing life as teens with peers; travel iss an invaluable learning experience in so many different ways, but so is experiencing the teen years in a community with friends.

Looking forward to hearing more of your family right here on this blog – even if you’re no longer biking, you’ll always be known as the “familyonbikes”. Best of luck in all of the new experiences that await you and your family.

109. Andrea & Klaus March 28, 2011 at 8:51 am #

wonderful…. we are still on our way… a different family… we travel with our dogs. And it is always so wonderful to meet all the travelers or to read about there experience. Our world is just amazing. Best wishes, Andrea & Klaus, Sammy & Momo

110. Laraba April 2, 2011 at 6:00 am #

Wow! You finnally did it!

111. Ray April 14, 2011 at 5:35 am #

Congratulations on galvanizing love and commitment for your family and for generations to come. Your stories will be told.

112. DustenD April 22, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Way to go! You’ve been such an inspiration!

1. Celebrating the end of the world | Rain Blissed - March 21, 2011

[…] their amazing journey – cycling from North, through Central & South America – is over in just under 3 […]

2. My Sabbatical » Vogels In Usuhia - March 22, 2011

[…] that the Vogel family, mentioned in my last post about bicycling from Alaska to Argentina, actually made it to Usuhia. That’s amazing! Like […]

3. Elated and Deflated - March 25, 2011

[…] been four days now since we pedaled that final mile and crossed the finish line at the end of the world – and we haven’t fallen off the edge yet.  It’s been four days of whirlwind, four days of […]

4. Define your destination so you know when you get there - July 5, 2011

[…] easy for a goal like ours – we had arrived at our destination when we parked our bikes next to the “End of the World” sign – but many goals in life aren’t so […]

5. The best and the worst: The roller coaster of 2011 | Family on Bikes - December 21, 2011

[…] days after hitting bottom, I reached the top – we arrived into Ushuaia. That was, undeniably, one of the best days of my life. For many years we had been single-mindedly […]