64 miles to go

My brain doesn’t seem to be functioning these days – it’s glued to Ushuaia!  We’re now in Tolhuin, 64 miles from Ushuaia – nearly there!

And it’s a good thing too – fall is most definitely in the air.  The cool, crisp temperatures tell me so…

Kilometers today:  49

Kilometers to date: 27722

—–

Packing up this morning

packing up

Getting back out to the road was a challenge – we had to push our way through the trees just as we pushed through last night to get in.

HEading back to the road

The forest is lovely – lots of moss and fall colors

Tierra del Fuego forest

Tierra del Fuego

Tierra del Fuego

Ushuaia is just over these mountains!  So close!

Last mountain range to cross

12 Responses to 64 miles to go

1. Bill March 19, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

You will have to write about your trip back to Idaho, and then what it is like getting back to whatever you plan to do next. We all will be interested. I suspect we will be seeing you on TV over the next few months.

2. Grand Canyon Harry March 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

OMG! Thaat snow covered mountain looks like it’s 10,000 feet tall.!

3. Sandy March 19, 2011 at 7:33 pm #

I love the last photo! Beautiful! Ushuaia reminded me of Alaska. I was there in February a couple years ago. Thank you for sharing your adventure. I loved following along on your journey. Safe travels.

4. Kristina Carpenter March 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm #

We are so excited for you. You’ve all done an amazing trip. Here is a toast to you all.

5. mabel March 20, 2011 at 4:33 am #

los esperamos en USHUAIA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    Con las mas ricas bendiciones de DIOS-
    Un abrazo desde lo ultimo de la tierra-¡¡¡¡
    MABEL

6. Kathy March 20, 2011 at 8:58 am #

This is so exciting! I’m writing this on Sunday, so tomorrow is the “big day”. I feel like it’s Christmas Eve, and I’m waiting for Santa to arrive!

7. Linda McPhee March 20, 2011 at 9:29 am #

You guys are awesome. I’m so excited for you. I’ve followed along every turn of the pedal and can’t wait for your next adventure. I know there will be one. Enjoy the thrill of such an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations!!

8. Jimmy Pryor March 20, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

Woohoo! We’ve been following you for a year and a half now, telling our friends about you and saying “We want to do that, too!”

9. Wilma in WV March 20, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

I can’t imagine how you are feeling on this, your last night. Blessed sleep, sweet dreams, resting on “Mission Accomplished.” We want to know all about it tomorrow as soon as you can let us know! Have a great day!!!!!!

10. Michael Verhage March 21, 2011 at 12:12 am #

Amazing!!
    Good luck in the final push.
    Jesse and Sammy say hello to your boys.
    Greetings from cold Holland.
    Micahel, ciska , Jesse and Sammy.

11. Jackie Queen March 21, 2011 at 4:16 am #

It’s been an exciting trip for all your followers – what are we going to do now. We have followed the ups and downs, the illnesses, the adventures. Thank you for a great journey. All the Best and keep us all informed of the next part of your life’s adventure.

12. Toddler on Tour March 21, 2011 at 5:57 am #

A big congratulations to you all, I can’t imagine what it will be like to get back home, relax, and to be able to sleep in your own beds after such a long time on the road!