I’m tired of this high-altitude climbing. Climbing is tough enough at sea level – at 14- or 15-thousand feet, it’s insanity. We topped out at 4494 meters (14,744 feet) today – that’s high! Apparently we have another pass tomorrow – no idea how high it’ll be. I have a distinct feeling that Bolivia is going to [...]
Archive | August 15, 2010
The end of today brought us to a small village nestled in the Andes. We had just enough time to eat and stock up on food supplies before we set out to find a place to spend the night. The only hotel in town was closed and Nancy couldn’t get permission to camp at the [...]
Today we got up from our campsite in the middle of nowhere. Dad let me sleep in so he could put his COLD hands on my back. When I got out of the tent I helped Dad put the tent away. Then I brushed my teeth. We left and rode and rode. We only stopped [...]
Today we woke up in our tents. Davy got to sleep in a lot. It wasn’t fair. Eventually we got going. It was very late when we started. I had to ride Davy’s bike. I got really tired. I also got hungry. Finally we made it to a town. The only thing there was to [...]
Nancy’s TEDx Talk
- 50 Lessons I wish I had learned earlier November 28, 2011
- USHUAIA!!!! END OF THE WORLD!!! March 21, 2011
- An up close and personal look at the American medical system – and it’s not good news September 18, 2011
- Dear Jack Marshall, are we self-absorbed parents? May 27, 2010
- Why do some people live their dreams and others don’t? July 6, 2011
- Rilla: Thank you so much for sharing this! We have a loos...
- Theresa Gonzalez: I absolutely love this! What wonderful opportuniti...
- » Blog Carnival: day in the life of a homeschooled high schooler LaPaz Home Learning: [...] Finally, meet Nancy of Family on Bikes, who ...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @Jess, Running water is it for me, hands down. You...
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel: @Leanne Hanrahan, Have fun traveling! As for gett...