We’re on the homepage of CNN!!!!

I have no idea how long this will be up there, but look in the “Don’t Miss” box in the middle of the homepage for CNN – a pic of John and Daryl is in the lower right corner!!  If you click on it, it will take you to a compilation of short videos from people throughout the world – and WE ARE FIRST!!!!

Edited the next day to add:  They’ve changed the little pic for the story to make it a bunch of mug shots rather than John and Daryl, but the link is still on the homepage off and on.  They change it around a lot, taking it off and then putting it back up.  So – look for a story called 365 Days in 30 Seconds.  Even if it isn’t linked to from the home page, you can find it here.

7 Responses to We’re on the homepage of CNN!!!!

1. Rodney December 28, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

Click on 365 days in 30 seconds. The first 5 seconds or so are pictures from this blog.

2. giggles December 29, 2009 at 1:23 am #

couldn’t find it, i guess you’re 15-minutes of fame is over…

3. Stephanie December 29, 2009 at 9:40 am #

Great news! Now maybe you and your family will receive some well deserved attention.

4. Chuck December 31, 2009 at 11:04 am #

I came to your website after seeing you on CNN. What an inspirational story you are sharing. After 24 years in the classroom myself teaching 5th grade through college level, I can appreciate the value of what you are giving your kids. What a wonderful and invaluable education you are providing them. They will surely grow up to be valuable members of our society. Thank you for sharing your journeys with us!

5. nancy December 31, 2009 at 11:07 am #

Thanks Chuck! John and I both feel that our boys are getting the best education in the world! They are loving their trip and learning lots – could there be any better childhood?

6. Chuck December 31, 2009 at 5:53 pm #

Thanks for replying, Nancy. After watching your videos, I have to admit that I envy both you and you kids – you are giving them a childhood that cannot be duplicated. I’m sitting here in northwest Ohio resting a broken leg (bored out of my mind!) and getting ready to return to work after the holiday break, and I have to tell you that watching them has renewed my enthusiasm for teching and made me anxious to get back to work. Happy new year!

7. nancy December 31, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

Good to hear that Chuck! (but not good to hear about the broken leg – YIKES!!) We are taking a quick break from all the New Year’s fesitivities and will head back out soon to watch everyone burn their “viejos” (old years) and ring in the new!