Alberta

8 Responses to Alberta

1. Evelyn September 12, 2008 at 6:47 pm #

Loved the video. Even though it was cloudy at times, I can just imagine what the Rockies look like on a beautiful sunny day. Have been keeping some of your math students at MHS up to date on your travels. Wishing you safe travels as you continue your journey.

2. nancy September 12, 2008 at 7:49 pm #

Thanks Evelyn!! How is everything back at MHS? There are days when I miss the kids – and other days when I don’t at all!!

3. judi d. in colorado September 13, 2008 at 9:05 am #

What a great vidio!! Hurry on south, snowed on top of the rockies this week, 3 inches at Breckenridge. You will be a hop, skip and jump from me when you reach Moab, if you have any special needs, let me know and I can find you there. It would be a great adventure for me…..road trip…..

4. Eric Tepner September 13, 2008 at 5:07 pm #

What a great video! Davy and Daryl, you guys rock! I am so impressed. Keep it up, dress warm, and happy cycling!
    Eric and family (from Fort Worth)

5. Bobbie-Jo September 13, 2008 at 10:11 pm #

Wow! I just stumbled onto your blog via a “rabbit trail” and just had to say this- we live in the BC part of the Canadian Rockies and my husband is pretty sure he saw your family pedal by in Jasper National Park when he was there a bit ago!

Your adventure sounds fantastic – the world is a classroom!

May you be safe and have fun.

6. Jacqueline Oakley September 14, 2008 at 11:35 am #

Wow! I am so impressed with the kids doing this, and as a family, you must be incredibly close. My husband and I are currently cycling Mexico to Argentina and are in Nicaragua, getting ready to go to Costa Rica tomorrow. Don´t worry about skpping any Central American countries, they are safer than the guide books would have you believe!

7. nancy September 15, 2008 at 8:35 pm #

Any words of wisdom for us, Jacqueline?? I have nothing but fond memories of Central America from my Peace Corps days, so can’t wait to get back down there!!

Bobbie-Jo – We’re pretty noticeable on the road, so I bet your husband did pass us. What a beautiful area you live in – too bad it was rainy and yucky when we passed through!

Judi – I’ll give you a holler if we need anything when we get down there!!

8. Inanna Mama September 16, 2008 at 11:50 am #

This video brought tears to my eyes! The beauty you’ve seen up close is breathtaking! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us (22 mo. old DS loves to watch, too). For as much as I love travel, you’re doing something I will never offer my son. Thanks for giving him the virtual adventure!